OM Holdings Limited (ASX Code: OMH) is an independent, internationally diversified minerals group with its primary focus on
expanding its fully integrated manganese business. Its international operations currently comprise a successful Singapore based metals marketing business supported by a manganese mine in Australia and a ferro alloy processing facility in China.
OMH is a constituent of the S&P/ ASX 200, a securities index comprised of the
top 200 ASX listed companies.
The key objectives underpinning OMH’s fully integrated international manganese business incorporate contributions by the following three business segments:
- the mining of manganese at the 100% owned Bootu Creek Project, located in
the Northern Territory of Australia. It has high value in use for siliceous
and sinter feed grade ore and is uniformly low in contaminant phosphorous and
the operation has no logistical constraints being in close proximity to rail
and road links to the Port of Darwin. It has a 1 Mtpa production capacity and
a mine life of 13 years, based on mineral resources.
- the production of manganese ferro alloys at a furnace complex located at Qinzhou in Guangxi Province, south west China. This is a pivotal region for ferro alloy smelters and ore distribution at Qinzhou. This site, adjacent to a port development, was chosen for its excellent transport logistics and competitive power costs.
It has a 50 Ktpa High Carbon Ferro Manganese capacity and a new 300 Ktpa
sinter plant with expansion plans to double its capacity; and
- the trading of manganese ore and alloys. OMH through its trading division
OM Materials has a highly experienced China focused marketing and trading team
based in Singapore and has developed a profitable Manganese ore and alloy trading business.
It has developed a China specific logistics and distribution capabilities and
enjoyed a more than 10% market share of Manganese ore import into China. The
sale of its equity production to the global steel industry includes third
party trading of Manganese and Chrome Ore/ Alloys and Iron Ore.
OMH and its business units aim to continue to build upon the expertise and relationships forged by its key management team particularly within the expanding economy of the People’s Republic of China, thereby fulfilling its market niche in the specialised metal materials market.
Key Facts about OMH
- 100% owned Bootu Creek Manganese Project in the Northern Territory has been producing since 2006
- Annual production capacity is 1,000,000 tonnes per annum which is in
excess of its plant design capacity per annum with a current 13 year mine life based on existing Mineral Resources. However significant potential to expand the mine life in the near term due to the large strategic land position and the deposit being strata bound and persistent over long strike lengths offers excellent exploration prospects. Expansion options are also being evaluated
- Project is high grade with low strip ratio and low contaminants
- Excellent project infrastructure with the mine located within 60km of the Alice Springs to Darwin rail link and rail proximity to the Port of Darwin for its exporting activities
- Ferro alloy processing facility in south-west China owned 100% by OMH
- Superior logistic location for processing and distribution of Bootu Creek manganese and other marketing activities
- Ferro alloy production capacity is 50,000 tonnes per annum with the facility capable of producing SiMn and HcFeMn with the product mix variable depending upon the margins sought
- OMH marketing division is capable of handling 20% of all manganese imported into China, and its activities are complementary to the groups mining and processing activities
- Long established relationship with the world's largest steel-makers
- Experienced management team with prudent financial acumen capable of value adding through marketing of OMH Group production as well as satisfying other third party trading requirements
- Marketing and trading of other commodities including iron ore and chromite continues to be advanced